screwed flue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss screwed flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
currently doing an install at a property where i noticed couple isuues with a worcester cdi , first is proximity of flue to adjacent window which i have mentioned to owner, second is when looking down analyzer test point you can see the inner part of the flue has been penetrated by the screw which holds the extension piece in place.I hve not analysed flue as yet to see if it has failed as never had analyser at the time however as the boiler was installed 18 months ago and the same company came out and serviced it just before i turned up i am in a dilemma wether just to issue at risk notice or contact installer and give them chance to remedy works .Also imho the boiler how it hangs on wall is not looking overly clever , plus i noticed on draining down that it was still very sludged up in general its a very poor install and possibly dangerous .Its a real world scenario so contact gsr or just at risk warning notice ?? What do most of you do in situations like this ?

When you say possibly dangerous what do you mean? It does sound like a poor install but what you have mentioned above could only be 'at risk' unless there is something else?

Personally I would contact the installer and make them aware of the situation and give them the opportunity to put things right. Saying that, the custard may not want them back judging by how back the install sounds.

It's your choice, and head on the block, faced with what's in front of you.
It's the customers decision about what to do after they've been informed of the problem.

Regardless of the FGA result it would seem it can only be A.R, the flue integrity is compromised and you can see it.

At the moment a small puncture probably won't show any ill effect on the FGA, but in years to come the hole may open up due to corrosion.

A.R.
Ask the customer if they want to contact the installer, or have you contact them,
or Pay you to fix all the problems.

If flue in particular inner flue is damaged like this it should be an automatic AR. (halfwits)
As long as flue not expelling gasses direct into window etc I would NCS.
If quite obvious the old system was not flushed out I would advise customer that technically any warranty they have on boiler may be null and void and advise them having properly flushed/cleaned out.
If you think boiler is at risk of falling off wall then AR this as well.

Just put it all down in writeing get customer to sign ! cover your backside !! its up to customer to contact installer, you could get to involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
Housing executive now contemplating giving the...
Replies
Views
Curnsie28
C
its all down to the mi,s how far from an...
Replies
Views
sparra1100
S
M
i cover n1 pm me
Replies
Views
M
Hahaha i remember something about 200ppm but...
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
Back