Screwfix "no nonsense" boiler silencer | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Screwfix "no nonsense" boiler silencer in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pssst

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Great stuff..my trusty spacesaver was beginning to wheeze and pop despite the very good water quality contained therin.

There was no fernox f2 to be had locally so thought id try the no nonsense product which is about half the price of Fernox or sentinel.

I didnt think it would help much. Dumped it in the rad and fired up. Nothing happened immediately but after 24 hours we once again had silence.

Next time I think i'll fit a 1/2" full bore blowdown valve to the DC tapping on bottom rear of the HX.

Recommended product..

It's probably made by fernox or sentinel... Good to know it works :)

why not rip the spacesaver out & save some pennies in the long run lol!

I only use around £50 pm combined gas and electric.. :) hence no real driver to swap boiler..

I only use around £50 pm combined gas and electric.. :) hence no real driver to swap boiler..

Don't get caught in the condenser will save you 30% nonsense,may do if you have got an old back boiler with gravity circs.One of the bods I know ripped out a 10 year old baxi solo pf3,fitted a new condensing boiler,read all the hype and believed it ,gas bill came back exactly the same.I told him the boiler was ok and might be for another 5 years.SO he got another installer to change it,cause his missus wanted to be doing her bit for the environment....

Don't get caught in the condenser will save you 30% nonsense,may do if you have got an old back boiler with gravity circs.One of the bods I know ripped out a 10 year old baxi solo pf3,fitted a new condensing boiler,read all the hype and believed it ,gas bill came back exactly the same.I told him the boiler was ok and might be for another 5 years.SO he got another installer to change it,cause his missus wanted to be doing her bit for the environment....

No good comparing gas bill prices... It's always going up... Should compare gas usage...

No good comparing gas bill prices... It's always going up... Should compare gas usage...

To be honest mate the usage was about the same,the bod in question wanted to have a go at the fitter who fitted it thinking that it wasn't working properly,the only mistake the fitter made was telling him he would save ''at least 30%''.Bit like my motor the official mpg is around mid 60mpg, I get 40 mpg .When you rip out old back boilers on gravity circs for a condenser,the bills drop like a stone,but changing like for like heat only boilers with decent controls fitted already,the difference can be minimal.

Yeah it's true, a back solo is not that older boiler, probs 75-80 % effeciency... Should still expect a small saving on a 90% effeciency condenser?

Up to 30% is what the energy firms might say but like you say that's from old gravity system etc... There getting rarer I suppose!

Yeah it's true, a back solo is not that older boiler, probs 75-80 % effeciency... Should still expect a small saving on a 90% effeciency condenser?

Up to 30% is what the energy firms might say but like you say that's from old gravity system etc... There getting rarer I suppose!

you can only squeeze so much out of an appliance the problem is gas prices,and this stupid green policy,stop giving 12 billion away to jonny foreigner,use that for shale gas investment.Hey I have just solved the UK's energy crisis,i am a GSR with no work on next week,should I run for parliament!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back