SDS drill or core drill | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss SDS drill or core drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
evening,

I am looking at some options to extend the ever growing tool kit. Can anyone recommend options for drilling waste up to 40 mm and copper up to 28mm in masonry. I know screw fix do an erbaur core drill set which has some good reviews but any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance

You don't need a dedicated core drill for 40mm holes, a heavy duty SDS drill using 40mm TCT core cutter will do.

If you were knocking out 4" & 5" holes for flues or vents then a dedicated core drill is more of a must.

Last edited:
go for a good quality sds >32mm drill bits and tct 45mm. (go up to 110mm possibly bigger and cut like butter)!
core drill any bigger if doing flues often, if not you can hire them and charge it to job.

i have a sparky from one of the chaps off here for £20 ;)
its a core and sds all in one, and not let me down yet although it has an uprated clutch in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No, don’t just fix into tiles. Drill 6mm hole...
Replies
Views
H
I suppose some tradesman just buy an 18v...
Replies
Views
The old adey ones had the same problems the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Back