Sealing pipe sleeves | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sealing pipe sleeves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have a job coming up to repipe a gas run teeing from the boiler in the garage and going in through the wall to reconnect the hob.

When I sleeve the 22mm run through the wall with a piece of 28mm, I know I seal the internal wall side of the sleeve but can I use heat resistant silicone or does it have to be something specific?

Like this:

http://www.sealantsandtoolsdirect.c..._P24021.html?gclid=CKKd6sDL68oCFWcq0wodbQwLdQ

Cheers

Last edited:
Cheers guys, I'll grab some tomorrow!

I just use fire proof sealant same stuff they use for flues but in clear think it's about £3 per tube

If its going into a garage then it needs to be fire resistant for either 1/2 hour or 1 hour, I can't remember which it'll be In the building revs though,

I just use fire cement/putty as it doesn't go off in the tub to fast and its easier to fill big holes if needed

If its going into a garage then it needs to be fire resistant for either 1/2 hour or 1 hour, I can't remember which it'll be In the building revs though,

I just use fire cement/putty as it doesn't go off in the tub to fast and its easier to fill big holes if needed

Isn't the fire cement firm setting though?

Isn't the fire cement firm setting though?

the stuff in your link is not fire cement,its non setting compound,it stays squidgy ,if use silicone the acetone in it will attack the copper heat resistant or not

Last edited by a moderator:
the stuff in your link is not fire cement,its non setting compound,it stays squidgy ,if use silicone the acetone in it will attack the copper heat resistant or not

I know, I was talking about the stuff plumben uses that he mentioned in post above mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello, I am just catching up on some threads...
Replies
Views
Pheeewy. Won't have to dig it up.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
What I mean is that because everything works...
Replies
Views
Back