Secondary Hot Water Return on Pumped Shower supply. | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Secondary Hot Water Return on Pumped Shower supply. in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

New Shower being installed - thermo mixer - new shower is around 60 feet from HW cyclinder, multiple swept 90 deg bends plus around 10 feet of vertical rise, so negative head - 22mm pipe is installed (15mm last 1 meter) - without pump - dribble so intend fitting dedicated Salmander 3 bar pump with cold mains stepped down to 2-3 bar to equalise.

Owner wants a hot water return to minimise hot water waiting time.
There is 15mm pipework in place but not connected anywhere.

Can't see how I can fit a HW return to a dedicated 3 bar pumped supply.
My thinking is a 3 bar supply would not take long to flow to the shower head.

Any ideas??

Hi Dave, pump will sense flow and kick in taking the whole HW 22mm and return up to 3 bar back into HW cylinder. So my thinking is it cant be done unless someone has a bright idea or find a single pump that has a timer to run as a secondary return pump for say 30 mins before use, shutdown or autosense shower or basin use and then kick in again as at 3 bar to provide the required shower pressure.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Stnd wrong pump for a high pressure shower...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have to admit that I don't know what a 60...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
Hot water to hot shutting anti scold on shower...
Replies
Views
Back