Secondary non-return valve | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Secondary non-return valve in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30 CDi Classic System ErP, Underfloor heating and DHWSystem.
I have non return valve in the secondary return before the pump (DAB 65/150-3) which constantly rattles when the pump is running. Its been tried in both the horizontal and vertical modes with no effect. The only way I can silence it is by throttling the isolation valve on the cylinder side of the pump to around 1/3 open but this just seems to defeat the object by having to wait ages to recieve hot water at the furthest bathroom in the line.
I have advised that installing a pump with a built in non-return valve could help but I have been unable to sourse one. Can you recommend any solutions?

Why is there a NRV fitted?
Is the NRV a spring loaded type or a swing check type, if a swing check then you could probably install the spring loaded type but on the circ pump discharge side.

Attachments

• Poppet Type NRV.jpg
    Poppet Type NRV.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 22
  • Swing Check Valve Sectioned.jpg
    Swing Check Valve Sectioned.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 20
Hot water secondary return

sounds like there’s too much flow going through the valve have you tried turning the pump down as it only wants a trickle through

It seems to be a DAB 65..... which I think is 65dM or 6.5M, if so, this would circulate enough water for a small town, a DAB10 or less should be more than adequate, I think these pumps are single speed.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
There was a single tap causing the issue. We...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
Well, I'm thinking if your HOT OUT goes in a...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
  • Question
15 is fine for the return. Sometimes 10mm is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many customers think your crazy when you tell...
Replies
Views
Back