secondary return for small 15L heater? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss secondary return for small 15L heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys , planning a job which is comming up shortly , basically need to supply hot water for 3 basins , 2 of which are far enough away that i would say need a secondary return , i have picked out a 15L unvented water heater by hyco {sf15K} , which would do the job nicely but ideally need a secondary return , spoke to them about and they said "we cant see any problems with doing it but if you do we take no responsibitlity for it", ..anyone have any thoughts on this ? , in theory it should be fine teeing into the cold feed to create the loop.... thanks ..

Be cheaper to fit 2 heaters, but can't say I've ever fitted a src to an undersink water heater

ive fitted loads of them heaters and by the time youve fitted a secondary pump and run all the extra piping / valves etc it must be cheaper to fit more boilers?

cheers for the replys , yea cant really fit another unvented heater at the other end because theres no where for the discharge to go at that end , also the taps have to be pretty good looking and i havent seen any decent taps that allow venting with the other style of under sink heater , will look into electrical trace heating , but costs aside secondary return would work on these? would also have to up the size of the expansion vessel to suit... thanks

Not ideal , but should work ok.
Make sure the hot and return are well insulated.

cheers for the replys , yea cant really fit another unvented heater at the other end because theres no where for the discharge to go at that end , also the taps have to be pretty good looking and i havent seen any decent taps that allow venting with the other style of under sink heater , will look into electrical trace heating , but costs aside secondary return would work on these? would also have to up the size of the expansion vessel to suit... thanks

so they dont have drainage for the basins ?

and you dont have to use drip drip taps

drainage is via saniflo in that section , the 2 extra basins im putting in is totally retrofit, i dont know much about whats out there inregards to taps , im only going by what i see in the hyco brochure for them ,

drainage is via saniflo in that section , the 2 extra basins im putting in is totally retrofit, i dont know much about whats out there inregards to taps , im only going by what i see in the hyco brochure for them ,

Are you G3 registered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

They can stick quite easily, try a spray with...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Question
15 is fine for the return. Sometimes 10mm is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Stephen - I have a 300L Vailant auroSTOR...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
Back