Seeping Immersion after replacement | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Seeping Immersion after replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi all,

I have just replaced my immersion element in an unvented system hot water tank. Its an Ariston Classico STD 150 (stainless steel). I used the old washer which seemed to be made of a rubber mix substance of some sort and was in good condition still. I used some WRAS approved 'Blue' jointing compound on the thread and around the washer both sides as recommended by some forums and an experienced plumber friend. Tightened it up using a momument 361t ring spanner and then gave it a single light-med hit of a hammer. Thinking that would ok, proceeded to fill the tank; checked for leaks and all seemed good. Over night, the water was heated as planned but this morning on checking, there was a slight weeping. Not a drip but wiping your finger under the element thread. Can I perhaps disconnect the electricals and re-tighten the element again with a full tank or is it risky. Or could I seal it with something like Fernex LS-x or similar?

Thank you

How about you get someone in who is qualified to work on unvented cylinders in accordance with part g of the building regulations. It is illegal for you to attempt to do so.

You also need to register for more advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

https://www.tanks-direct.co.uk/files/pdf/pdf303...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't know why I said it was an RCD when it...
Replies
Views
I
Hi all, new here. I am in the middle of...
Replies
Views
im4gine
I
P
Hope to be living the French way next year!
Replies
Views
Back