Seeping pipe connection to Loft Cold water | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Seeping pipe connection to Loft Cold water in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Had a problem with hammering noise coming from pipes (triggered by hot water, though it could be eased if you put the cold water on).
Went through everything i could, checking joists etc. Problem appeared to be the ballcock in the loft cold water tank.

Ive replaced it but for the life of me i cant stop seepage out of the nut for the main connection. Though ive only tried
1. Going tighter, getting to the point i'm not sure i can get it any tighter!
2. adding the pfte tape to close any gap

Still getting seeping from the nut, left a tea towel wrapped around it overnight and its soaked this morning.

Im a real newbie and feel the answer is obvious (more tape??) but seems the majority of the job is done, i really dont want to bring someone in but im all out of ideas and know my limits, which are pretty low it has to be said.

For info - I wrapped the tape around the brass thread of the ball cock, no tape used on the cold main thred/nut. See photo

Attachments

• Nut.jpg
    Nut.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 41

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I had a chattering float valve in the loft...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There are float switches instead of mechanical...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi and thanks for your response. The incoming...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi everyone, My earlier post above was about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There's worse work than somewhere or other...
Replies
Views
Back