selecting a hot water cylinder | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss selecting a hot water cylinder in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

S

Steve Byron

I am in the process of selecting a replacement hot water cylinder and am looking at an indirect unit with the port for the immersion element located on the radius of the top of the cylinder. This means that I need to know how much space is required between the top of the cylinder and the ceiling to allow insertion and removal of the immersion element. This is in anticipation of replacing the element should it fail at some point in the future. Any thoughts on this would be welcome.

thanx Steve

The length of the immersion.

I have seen hatches cut out of ceilings to make the element accessible if it needed changing. Thank god I haven't had the pleasure of working on one of them yet.

He asked how much room was needed not your height.

Surely it should be 27" (room required not your height)

I had to fit a cylinder recently with insufficient headroom. I just told the customers that we would have to cut a hatch if the immersion failed.

You should see the girls eyes light up when I tell them 18"..... And their faces drop when they cotton on I'm talking height.....

yes, I can see that there is not a lot of room for manoeuvre when wielding 18 inches in a confined space, let alone 27 inches. Happily, it should be possible to put in an access hatch in this case, which hadn't occurred to me. Thanks for your responses.

Steve

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
https://myenergi.info/viewtopic.php?p=87432#p87432
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
They sound extremely suspect, I realise it's...
Replies
Views
J
Replies
Views
  • Question
Unfortunately I have! Twin immersion with a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the replies. The 15mm pipe teed off...
Replies
Views
Back