Semia condens f24 boiler pressure | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Semia condens f24 boiler pressure in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jonnyreyn

Hi everyone hope you can help?

I have just bought my first house and it has a sauiner duval f24 semia condens combo boiler.

To my alarm the pressure was 3 out of 4 and the outlet virtually constantly dripping

I've released pressure and tried central heating and water but the pressure always increase to 3 and above and doesn't increase

I have taken the water fill loop out of the central heating inlet, released pressure back down to 1, tried heating again but again goes up to 3 ish and stays there

Tonight I have released the pressure to 1 turned off all the water at stop tap so no water. Tried heating it went up to 2 and then to my supprise returned back to 1?

I have read this may be the domestic heat plate exchange?? My boiler has 2 exchange, 1 being the above an the other a primary heat exchange!!

Hope I've got that all right, any help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance jonny

Last edited by a moderator:
expansion vessel faulty or vessel flexible link blocked(if fitted) you will need a prv as well ,rare fault could be plate heat pin holed better off getting some one in to sort it

Cheers gas man best get someone for a look if it could be any of them
Thanks

do a search on here professional plumber required may have some one local unless you have a reliable engineer good luck

Bit of an update
turned electric off boiler
Drained all the pressure out (emptied it)

Mains water still open to boiler

Slowly the pressure is creeping up even though the power to the boiler is still off

Does this narrow it down any more

Plate heat exchanger needs replacing.Expansion vessel charging,and a new prv.

Bit of an update
turned electric off boiler
Drained all the pressure out (emptied it)

Mains water still open to boiler

Slowly the pressure is creeping up even though the power to the boiler is still off

Does this narrow it down any more

if you have drained the system and removed the filling loop link then yes it points to the plate heat exchanger sadly it may have ruined the ev(expansion vessel) and prv

Cheers boys real big help

I did actually attach the filler loop for the heating back last night, but there are 2 off taps which where closed whilst I did the most recent test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
? 'Heat Only' No No heat currently Not sure...
Replies
Views
Back