Separating Heat and Hot Water....??? | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Separating Heat and Hot Water....??? in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

A

Alfie MacLaren

Hello Everyone,

I've just taken over a property that I lived in with a relative, following his recent passing. Trying my best to enhance the heating system somewhat by simply wanting to separate the control of central heating and hot water provision and introduce some enhanced controllability.

I purchased a Hive System to try and achieve this goal. Having previously, successfully, self installed a Tado system in my previous residence I thought this install would be a piece of cake - but NO!

I have an oil fired condensing boiler system and I have received a quote for the install of two motorised valves and some other bits and pieces to "enable" the system to work (according to the quoter) - price £1600 plus tax!

As far as I know, I require two powered motorised valves and that's it-one for CH and one for HW?

It would really instil me with confidence if I could achieve this project single handed-any suggestions or further details required?

Thanking you all in advance!

Similar plumbing topics

At the moment when you move the hot water...
Replies
Views
J
Replies
Views
  • Question
1 yes if system water is 30 which I very doubt...
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Back