Serel Space Saver Corner Close Coupled Toilet - HELP | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Serel Space Saver Corner Close Coupled Toilet - HELP in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noodles

Hello there,
I've woke up this morning to water on the bathroom floor. My Serel toilet appears to be spattering water out into the cistern after its been flushed rather then filling up quickly. Also there's a constant trickle into the bowl. Please can anyone help? Could it be a washer? If yes, is this easy to replace?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Cheers

well constant trickel will mean it is overflowing. it could be set wrong but if its been fine before then it is more than likely to be a washer. yes they are easy to replace and pick them up at any plumbers merchant or hardware store.

any chance of a picture inside the cistern ? well not inside but above with lid off ?

any chance of a picture inside the cistern ? well not inside but above with lid off ?
Dreadful pictures I know. Sorry. Thank you for all your help.
Photo 157.jpgPhoto 156.jpg

Constant trickle probably requires a new flush valve.

If the inlet valve doesn't stop then new one of these required too.

Water on bathroom floor = leak.

Undo the nut on the front and the washer is in there,it may be split and spraying water out of the hole in the front,personally i would change the full valve because i am not a fan of these.Fluidmaster is my valve of choice

Last edited by a moderator:
Undo the nut on the front and the washer is in there,it may be split and spraying water out of the hole in the front,personally i would change the full valve because i am not a fan of these.Fluidmaster is my valve of choice
Thank you very very much.

tes i would start by removing that crappy siamp fill valve if these are not lined up it will catch on side of cistern, as others have said get a fluidmaster in looks like there is room!

Just wanted to say thanks to all. Purchased a fluidmaster and it's all sorted.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Any ideas on the a decent flush to wall close...
Replies
Views
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
Will be the fill valve but sometimes it’s...
Replies
Views
? 'Heat Only' No No heat currently Not sure...
Replies
Views
Okay I’ll give it a try, thanks for your replies.
Replies
Views
Back