SEREL Toilet Lid stuck | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss SEREL Toilet Lid stuck in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

B Tolkien

I've just moved into this house. It is a close coupled setup but the rear of the pan is enclosed with no visible access to the bolts holding the cistern in place or to the water supply.
The problem we are having is that the lid is stuck. It appears that the flush button mechanism is stopping the lid from being removed.
Can someone confirm that it should just lift off?
Any ideas on what is going wrong?
If I force the lid and break the mechnism , where can I buy parts?
Thank you

unscrew the flush button or it might be a 2 button system where you press down one button take the other one up you should then see a screw underneath undo it.

To clarify, with some you have to remove the buttons (with one pushed in the other one will pull out but you need to look at it carefully to work out if you need to prise them out with a screwdriver as they can have spring clips. There is a screw underneath when you have removed them.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hve you tried pulling the large chrome part...
Replies
Views
Okay I’ll give it a try, thanks for your replies.
Replies
Views
You might be over tightening the push button...
Replies
Views
G
Thanks for taking the time to come back with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, that's all I needed to know. I...
Replies
Views
Back