service contracts ... | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss service contracts ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkesy_plumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
who offers them and do you make good money out of them? theres a company near townfanjohn and I who charge 9.99 a month which is very cheap imo

For £9.99 a month I'd say it's not worth the paper it's written on :)

It's probably a lucrative market to get into, but your contract would have to be water tight and you'd always end up with some customer trying to pull a fast one.

I contract at BG and the amount of stuff that they do FOC that isn't covered just to keep some people happy is frightning.

Get this type of work right and I think you could make a fortune, get it wrong and your whole business reputation is down the drain.

who offers them and do you make good money out of them? theres a company near townfanjohn and I who charge 9.99 a month which is very cheap imo
Is it first call gas. Thought about doing it just having the time to do it properly.

I do it but only for 1 customer and 24 properties in total. And suffice to say it makes me a fair chunk of money for doing nothing.

£ 9.99 is not enough but we don't know what the small print is as to what is covered and included excluded or carrying excess.

Yes jules first call gas are the ones. Spoke to an engineer yesterday in the merchants who works for them and they have 4500 customers. Thats alot of turnover. I suppose in the summer months is money in the bank but winter will be a tough slog constantly paying out for parts etc.

I would of thought 9.99 a month would be for a brand spanking new boiler or would be labour only.

Then obviously the older the boiler the more it would go up. Then they will have plenty of get out clauses like no sludge, not covering main heat exchangers, anything over x amount will be beyond repair.

I can't see the point in them to be quite honest but I understand that if you live on a very tight budget they have there place.

Looks as if 9.99 is for a reasonable policy but doesn't include servicing, which is £39 per appliance.

i have a copy of their terms and conditions and are pretty tight. Not covering "sludge" etc.

Who does though?

Maybe British Gas to keep you on at £400 a year , none of the others will though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Anyone know of a repair service for Axpert...
Replies
Views
What's wrong with the people who fitted it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would suggest getting a G3 plumber in to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am involved in a local charity which is...
Replies
Views
Thanks @scott_d It has, its a low drone but...
Replies
Views
Back