Service unvented £££££ | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Service unvented £££££ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Can I ask what you guys charge to service unvented cylinders?
It would be at the same time as the boiler is serviced (I charge £70 for the boiler)
New builds -about 5 years old

Did a Viessmann and an unvented together on friday , charged £120 probably a 12 miles round trip.
Guy 2 mile down the road has a direct 150 , usually charge £45 for that .

Do you find touching the PRV and TPR they continue to drip and need replacing?

Water my general area is really good and usually get away with giving the PRVs a few snap on and offs.
But always a scary moment thinking an easy job could result in time wasted with another journey back.
Had a lot of PRVs on heating systems failing when I test them though.

Do you find touching the PRV and TPR they continue to drip and need replacing?

Yes and if they do it has failed your test and needs replacing. I always kept a few spares in the van. Put into comments on service sheet that safety device tested and failed, replaced. Explain the situation to the customer too of course.

I helped to run an unvented course last week and that question came up. The shocker was the response from about half the plumbers there "That's why I never test them" :(:eek:

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, approx. 2-3 hours.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Anyone know of a repair service for Axpert...
Replies
Views
P
Hi All, I have recently changed heating...
Replies
Views
Peter M
P
  • Question
I would suggest getting a G3 plumber in to...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Back