servicing tool kit | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss servicing tool kit in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

W

woodytheplumber

I have picked up loads of advice from various plumbers and gas fitters over the years and I am after a little bit more, what tools do you guys use that make your job easier for servicing and repairs mainly like the obscure queer tool that you use once a month is what I am meaning thanks in advance

An inch paintbrush with the handle cut off. Just right for getting into dusty fans.

A nut riveter saves having to call baxi and wait for them to repair loose securing nuts on the solo and 100 he style heat exchangers

swivel head ratchet spanners. Britool do a nice set.

Mini knipex cobras as previously suggested.

bent/off set needle nose pliers, I have vice grip ones that work well

loooooong Phillips screwdriver

Schrader valve extension piece

heat sink compound

copper grease

black mamba gloves

nice selection of machine screws

socket set is a must

multi meter

volt pen

dust sheets cut to cover the kitchen work top

stubby screwdrivers

fan oil, wd40 and a rag

magnetic parts dish. (Cheers billy for that idea)

trigger/spray bottle with soapy water in it

blue roll looots of blue roll

An inch paintbrush with the handle cut off. Just right for getting into dusty fans.

A nut riveter saves having to call baxi and wait for them to repair loose securing nuts on the solo and 100 he style heat exchangers

swivel head ratchet spanners. Britool do a nice set.

Mini knipex cobras as previously suggested.

bent/off set needle nose pliers, I have vice grip ones that work well

loooooong Phillips screwdriver

Schrader valve extension piece

heat sink compound

copper grease

black mamba gloves

nice selection of machine screws

socket set is a must

multi meter

volt pen

dust sheets cut to cover the kitchen work top

stubby screwdrivers

fan oil, wd40 and a rag

magnetic parts dish. (Cheers billy for that idea)

trigger/spray bottle with soapy water in it

blue roll looots of blue roll

What oil do you use for fans?

Oh and almost forgot I have a few leads about 20cm long with crocodile clips on each end (insulated) well handy to act as bridging wire when fault testing

I don't know why, but I've never thought of doing that. Definitely going to invest in some crocodile clips!

The ones you have, can you get them on to thermistors? I've been looking for something to use to get on to thermistors in awkward places which you can't quite get your test probes on to. I've been asking my installer mate to cut some of the wiring harness off boilers, so I can use that, but he keeps forgetting!

Last edited:
I don't know why, but I've never thought of doing that. Definitely going to invest in some crocodile clips!

The ones you have, can you get them on to thermistors? I've been looking for something to use to get on to thermistors in awkward places which you can't quite get your test probes on to. I've been asking my installer mate to cut some of the wiring harness off boilers, so I can use that, but he keeps forgetting!

you can just about get them on with the leads here's some similar to mine

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electrical-Crocodile-Insulated-alligator-battery/dp/B00CWATVVU

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Same here. There are times you just cannot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I am writing my master's thesis at...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the info. We have a small...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for posting this informative post :)
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just flip it on its side and works upright as...
Replies
Views
Back