Servicing your own boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Servicing your own boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diamondgas

Hi folks,

Just wondered how often you've checked out your own boiler and given it a a mnufacturere's recommended service?

My old place I put an apollo 80BF in the loft... in 20 years I serviced it about half a dozen times.... Last time I found pigeons nesting in the flue coz the baffle had blew off without me noticing :)

Since changed to a combi, by-the-way :) And rented out!!

Steve

Only time mine has been serviced, in the 4 years its been in, is on my Gas Safe inspection lol.

Haven't serviced it, keep meaning too but never get around to it. Put the testo on it when I bought it just to check the testo was working OK

Never done mine. And I've got an isar. So it's due to melt itself soon.

Only good part is that gas man lives up the road and his axe will come in handy

Never done mine. And I've got an isar. So it's due to melt itself soon.

Only good part is that gas man lives up the road and his axe will come in handy

Nowt wrong with Isar/Icos Simon! part from the dodgy pcb's, It;s the crap systems they've been installed on coz the manufacturer's sold them cheep and got cheep installations IMHO :)

Nowt wrong with Isar/Icos Simon! part from the dodgy pcb's, It;s the crap systems they've been installed on coz the manufacturer's sold them cheep and got cheep installations IMHO :)

bet you got small hands?.lol

I use a wood pellet boiler, the only time it was serviced (?) was last Christmas when the fumes fan packed up, no money being your own customer :)

I service my Baxi solo pf religiously every time it breaks down.

Remeha Avanta 28c. Been in 3 years and never been serviced though there's been a bit of explosive ignition the last month. Must get around to looking at it soon lol

Remeha Avanta 28c. Been in 3 years and never been serviced though there's been a bit of explosive ignition the last month. Must get around to looking at it soon lol

The good thing about explosive ignition is that it cleans out the heat ex every time it lights. Lol

serviced my 38 CXI at the weekend
gave up on the gas rate as it was a complete ball ache the emissions were ok though
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

My missus had had to issue me an ultimatum once to fix ours when it kept locking out on ignition usually around the time she went to run a bath! Took me 10 mins max to sort which made her even more annoyed!

My gas fire,s been broken for the last two years. Luckily my mrs has given up nagging me about it. We have been going to look for a new one for the last year. Just can,t get interested when its my own house.

When my missus learns that blowjobs work better than nagging! The house will be perfect and we will both be much happier!

Hi folks,

Just wondered how often you've checked out your own boiler and given it a a mnufacturere's recommended service?

My old place I put an apollo 80BF in the loft... in 20 years I serviced it about half a dozen times.... Last time I found pigeons nesting in the flue coz the baffle had blew off without me noticing :)

Since changed to a combi, by-the-way :) And rented out!!

Steve
bugger its 18 months over due

Mine has been in about 5 years now and i can't even remember what kind it is as i've never seen it since the day it was fitted :smile:

laptop **** at the mo so am on phone am assuming/hoping this thread is in the plumbers arms :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

capped me own gas fire off 6 years ago due to 8mb tap leak, its nice though.lol.

capped me own gas fire off 6 years ago due to 8mb tap leak, its nice though.lol.

Label still attached :lol:

I'm doing renovation work on my home at the moment I think there's at least 3 open ends... boiler ripped out...cooker out....fire out... Yep!! 3 :D ....... gas is off at the meter though, hefty bill otherwise :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Can you give some more info? National company...
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
Back