Servowarm Boiler change | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Servowarm Boiler change in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dougs.cowan

Hi, I am pricing to replace a Servowarm Elite 30 boiler with a new heat only boiler. As I have never worked on one of these units before and cannot find a manual anywhere online is there anything I should be taking into consideration other than having to replace all the control wiring and the circulation pump as the current one is integral to the boiler? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

a lot of servo warm systems had no header tank just a vase on the wall which had to be manualy filled with a jug not a problem if fitting a system boiler tho

Hi, I am pricing to replace a Servowarm Elite 30 boiler with a new heat only boiler. As I have never worked on one of these units before and cannot find a manual anywhere online is there anything I should be taking into consideration other than having to replace all the control wiring and the circulation pump as the current one is integral to the boiler? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No as you say you will have to fit new programmer and pump,other than that straight boiler swop
System wise however you have to check
You have a header tank and it has mains ball valve refill as some have manual fill and some early typle just had small refill pot in corner of a bedroom,maybe no vent is fitted just 15mm cold feed from tank,will require correcting
Controls need checking as may be hand change over between heating and hot water ,this will require updating to a automatic motorised valve with cylinder thermostat and room thermostat
If you are thinking of pressurising,the rads were good quality but you will probably need new rad valves

Many thanks for the info, a great help. I have had another look after reading your posts and my quote now includes the price of installing a vent pipe as there is not one there currently. The header tank is mains valve fed so no worries there but thanks again for the heads up. Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
Which Vaillant boiler is it?
Replies
Views
Thank you mate, really appreciated that. I...
Replies
Views
"While zone 2 is running if I turn up the...
Replies
Views
Back