servowarm elite boiler pilot | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss servowarm elite boiler pilot in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

been to this boiler today the pilot had blown out could not get it to light from the sparker could see the spark .removed the cover and light it manualy with my lamp.it took a few attempts and has stayed on since . i think the electrode is shorting if i have problems like this on other makes i normaly change the complete pilot assy but been told any part for this boiler is obsolite.

ant

I've not seen a Servowarm boiler in years, surprised that any are still about...

Obsolete as you say, let the customer know, must be coming close to requireing replacement I'd have thought. I still have one on the books it can only be a matter of time before I get the call.

Servo-Warm used to be in High Wickham about 10 yeas ago ! heard some-one bought them out, Sill pass one in the Southway area of Plymouth it must be about 40 year old now, Got the brown flue terminal,

wasn't it a servowarm set up that used to have like a plant pot where you'd add water to the system?

Sort off, used to fit header tank , no overflow or ball valve, that was charged as an extra, used to rebadge Thorn boilers, (Floor standing)

As I recall, Servowarm were very keen on piping up with that carp 'stainless steel' pipe which rotted and blocked at soldered joints.

you on about that truweld stuff from the copper shortage? :ack2: the stuff of nightmares.

and manual 3 port valves which had a level on for you to choose heating or hot water. Cutting edge stuff..

What, do you mean the ones that jammed in position and leaked from the spindle 'O' ring when you moved it.
Happy Days!

and manual 3 port valves which had a level on for you to choose heating or hot water. Cutting edge stuff..

it was only the other week I took one of those out! selector valves I think they called em - made by regus or something if memory serves - or it might not.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I've closed this thread now. You're welcome to...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Yep, didn't notice that, looks like that's the...
Replies
Views
My OFTEC registration ran out about three...
Replies
Views
Keep a diary recording the dates/times of when...
Replies
Views
Back