Shared soil pipe question | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shared soil pipe question in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Craig King

I am looking to fit a toilet in my upstairs bathroom but there is no existing soil pipe in my property. Instead of putting in a new pipe and digging down to connect on the the main sewer, could I run my waste from the toilet in to my neighbours soil stack (with permission obviously)(it about 1.5 meters away from where my toilet will be).

Just wondering if:
Legally, can it be done?? (property boundarys etc)
Is it advisable/ and drawbacks

Any other solutions to my problem are welcomed.

Thanks
Craig

No, I have a downstairs toilet (it's on the opposite side of the house) but the waste goes straight down in to the floor. No other soil pipe.

Even with a sani-flow I would sill have to take the waste somewhere wouldn't I??

Even if you had permission from the neighbours to join into, I would not recomended, as it could cause complication in the future, for instance what would happen if they wanted to move there bathroom to somewhere else and the stack was removed, what would happen to your connection. Also if there was a blockage in the drain who would pay for it to be fixed?

Is there any kind of standard depth under ground the pipe should be for digging down to and laying the new pipe? What's the best method for joining in to a sewer line?

Hmm!

It can be complicated I would look at Building Regs guidance document H drainage, free on the government planning portal if I where you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
here is an update of job finished , i ran a...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
Back