Shared soil pipe?. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shared soil pipe?. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peter2011

Hello to all on the forum,

I have a question I hope you can help me with:

My bathroom is in the middle of my terraced house, so no outside wall, my soil pipe goes up into the loft space and out through the slated roof, I want to fit an extraction fan in my bathroom, can I tee into the soil pipe in the loft space or do I need a seperate soil pipe for the extraction fan?

All advice welcome and thanks in anticipation.

Kind regards,

Peter.

um id put a seperate one in mate, you dont want poo smells coming in now do you

by the way i think you can get vent kits that you can put in the eaves if thats possible in your situation

Hi. Most of the domestic extractor fans when fitted use a flexible pipe to carry the air to the outside. As has been rightly said it should have nothing to do with the soil system. Just a completely separate arrangement. To give an idea on the sort of fitting to weather the exit, have a look at this link. http://www.justlead.co.uk/lead-roof-vents.html they do however come in plastic too.

One or two houses I've been in smell as if their vents are connected to the stench pipe.

Many thanks to all for your advice, the lead vent's look the business for me.:waving:

if you do fit an extract fan to solid pipework you would need to consider fitting a condense trap to the pipework. As others have said you can stick it to a vent tile away from svp vent. make sure you use insulated flexi to avoid condensation.

Hi Peter,

Just checking this - this work falls under Part P of the Building Regulations if there isn't one there already. I'm only saying this as you might not know it. It needs to notified under the Building Regulations as it's electrical work in a controlled area.

I live in a mid terrace house and my neighbor and i already share a soil pipe we have one toilet each on it currently. It quickly disappears into my neighbors leaving me only a small section and a bend. I would like to add another toilet onto this soil pipe. Are there any legal reasons why i cannot do this and are there any complications likely to happen if i do do this?

I don't think this is the right place to ask but im finding it hard to find the right place.. im a bit of a forum dunce sorry!! any help would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
here is an update of job finished , i ran a...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
Back