Shared supply dodgy pressure | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shared supply dodgy pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Osp

A prospective customer on a shared supply has asked me if there is any way to get her water supplier to install her own independent supply cheap or free of charge.

She lives in a Victorian terrace. Next door neighbour has the boundary stopcock, the main rises through their house and enters her property through the party wall in the loft. She says pressure is not too bad when the neighbours are out but pathetic when they are using water – obviously not suitable for the electric instantaneous shower she wants to put in. I haven’t been on site to check actual values as yet. She pays a full bill to Thames Water but is unmetered.

Do the GSS requirements apply to the supply as it enters her property or at the neighbour’s stopcock?

If she requests a meter, will they put in a new supply or just advise her that her property is unsuitable?

Any thoughts or experience?

I had a problem a coupl of years back where the shared mains water went round the back and fed 4 cottages this was never a problem as it was big enough, Next door had some building work done and must have squashed the pipe so the pressure dropped to this cottage they tried their hardest to get a new water main piped to the house but ended up having to pay ( the bill then swiftly passed on to next door).

I also lived in an up stairs maisonette and the cold feed supplied 4 flats they would not do anything saying that when they came the pressure was fine (During the day when everybody was at work) during the summer my combi wouldnt work as the flow rate was terrible.

I now live in another maisonette and we have a 15mm main feeding 8 flats you would neber guess what boiler annd shower dont work when next door turn a tap on once again they wont do anything.

So basically you can try but in the end they'll have to pay.

Thanks Millsy - as I feared.

Nice old lady, willing to pay a few hundred for a shower but understandably reluctant to go for it if the cost goes into 4 figures.

is it a lead supply if so ask for a lead replacement supply may get a new supply FOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
L
Have you heard the noise in your house? Have...
Replies
Views
B
As above depends what agreements there are...
Replies
Views
T
Great advice, thanks. Trench will be dug by...
Replies
Views
tommys
T
Back