Shires up90 or up100 syphon | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shires up90 or up100 syphon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

As above, could do with a pic but I also can't see why you need a specific shires syphon. Only reason I can think of is it's one of those toilet pans which requires a swirling action to syphon water out the pan. If that's the case then a standard syphon will do, you'll just need an air extractor as well.

shires-bathrooms-prelude-siphonic-wc-siphon-air-extractor-[2]-18126-p.jpg

Shires Bathrooms PRELUDE siphonic WC siphon & air extractor

Just have a google, it’s part of some costume- the SW fans wet themselves for this type of thing.
Just a bit annoyed at OP’s disingenuity regarding purpose and value.
If they’d said “ hey guys you won’t believe this but I’ll pay £100+ for an old syphon as it’s part of a costume I’m trying to put together” we’d all be trawling through our scrap! Or even without the mention of money, as it’s a bit different to the usual requests.

I might have one of those syphons.
I almost replied to the OP to say I have one I could post to them. :rolleyes:
How much would it be worth??

Yes I am looking for one of these for this pack. But prices mentioned above are only paid for by a very small number of people and we are talking 'worldwide' you see the pack shown is incredibly difficult to assemble using original parts and not much is known about many of the items on it either, which works against people actually assembling one in this way - if you're talking vintage camera flashes then it's a different story. So the reality is it is not that desired an item amongst the community more a nice to have. Most people who troop buy replica packs in full, some will try and update parts if they can find bits but wouldn't go out of their way to do so at the prices mentioned above. So yes it because of the Star Wars tag I didn't say why I wanted one, just look at the reaction, but the truth is just because it's something that was used by makers in Star Wars doesn't mean people will pay through the nose for one. How many requests have there been for one of these here up to now - not very many, if not none, from what I can see.
I am happy to look in my local reclamation yards from time to time and to visit ebay, but thought I'd ask here.
If someone has one and is willing to be realistic about selling one then please reach out.

Similar plumbing topics

M
  • Question
What exactly is wrong with your current...
Replies
Views
  • Question
They look just as good as any (I haven't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the reply. I didn’t get a photo...
Replies
Views
Apologies for leaving it so late to reply to...
Replies
Views
It is a siphonic WC and good to see one still...
Replies
Views
Back