Shorn pipe connector | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
Guest viewing is limited

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shorn pipe connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Trying to fix a water pipe connection on my narrowboat and of course I made it worse! Is there any way of removing the shorn part of the two way male connector (don't know the name for it) from within the pipe? Please see attached photo for reference. The right side of the nut was the same as the intact part on the left. The right side is now completely within the pipe. Please note, the pipe is more or less inaccessible.

Thanks in advance!

20170919_161759.jpg

Shorn off, snapped off yes?
Don`t know if you can buy a screw extractor that size or can you use a hacksaw blade and gently cut the broken bit in two places (say 6 and 3 on a clock face) and try and reduce the pressure on the joint that way. Maybe another photo of the pipe if you can.
easy out set - Google Search

Hi, belated reply I know, but thanks for the advice; the hacksaw blade technique worked perfectly! As an interesting side note, the connector is called a 'nipple adapter' apparently. Don't know who names these things. Thanks again!

Reactions: rpm
Hi, belated reply I know, but thanks for the advice; the hacksaw blade technique worked perfectly! As an interesting side note, the connector is called a 'nipple adapter' apparently. Don't know who names these things. Thanks again!
Glad you got it sort Wil,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Vaguely agree with Snowhead, except I'm fairly...
Replies
Views
Yes correct valve handle The one on the tank...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
As long as your flow pipe is getting hot first...
Replies
Views
  • Question
'Have tried all off bar A, B, and C, so not...
Replies
Views
Back