Shortening a bit of pipe done with press fit | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shortening a bit of pipe done with press fit in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I need to shorten this run of white plastic pipe that ends in what I presume is a press fit fitting which then goes into the compression tee.

I don't have any press fit stuff. Do I just need to identify the brand of pipe and then get a couple of inserts and then I can use a compression coupler?

Thanks

266820428_4725583420904153_7708748913567163720_n.jpg
272062485_981401612514357_6277442623035853069_n.jpg

Actually it can't be, to look at it. But searching "MLCP insert" on that site you linked to doesn't give any results. Mind you why would you need inserts if it's for press fit....confused

Cheers. I can get away with just using a hacksaw to cut the MLCP?

Just watched a couple of youtube videos on it and didn't realise how shapeable it is....worse case scenario I suppose I could actually just undo it and bend it into a shorter shape by hand

You could reshape it by hand and reuse
Cut with plastic pipe cuters but it blints them fast,. Best to use the reaming tool if you cut it

You could easily bend it 90 degrees and plastic pipe cutters just do the old twist and cut motion like on overflow chances are you don’t need to reem it if you do sharp blade and cut a slight bevel into the clear layer

Similar plumbing topics

The answer is always obvious,, once you know it.
Replies
Views
Nice one cheers. Can anyone confirm the actual...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Doesn’t really answer any of my questions but...
Replies
Views
The old adey ones had the same problems the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I see, that, like me, you are a forgetful genius!
Replies
Views
Back