Should it take an hour to heat home by 2 degrees | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Should it take an hour to heat home by 2 degrees in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

What's the boiler doing during the hour it takes to rise 2°C? (E.g. on continuously, cycling on and off (how often), etc.) What does the temperature display on the boiler say during the hour? How much gas does it consume over the hour? (Read your meter at the start and finish.)

The rads are all hot just takes a while to heat the room. This it may be insulation problem. I am going to see if insulating the floor makes a difference. As I have raised floors it's bloody cold and cold air is constant from below floor

The rads are all hot just takes a while to heat the room. This it may be insulation problem. I am going to see if insulating the floor makes a difference. As I have raised floors it's bloody cold and cold air is constant from below floor
How hot are they? Hot to touch?
If they are insulation obviously needs to be at its best but it sounds like undersized radiators to me.
I presume you have double glazing? What type building and how old?

Similar plumbing topics

Yes I'm basically using it as a programmer to...
Replies
Views
I will have to experiment like you said and...
Replies
Views
Reducing temperatures below 65 isn't wise when...
Replies
Views
No as legionellae likes 45-50 so aslong as...
Replies
Views
I've never seen error codes displayed. Sorry...
Replies
Views
Back