Should you silicone around thermostatic mixer valve | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Should you silicone around thermostatic mixer valve in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,

We have a Mira agile/pronta shower mixer valve attached to a tiled wall. It doesn't say in the manual but do you need to silicone around the periphery of the mixer where it meets the tiled wall? Or are they internally sealed or doesn't matter if water seeps into it from splashing etc. When it was installed I used clear silicone around but now this has gone mouldy and unsightly so it's time to either remove and not reapply or add fresh.

Thanks for the input

Doesn’t it have a gasket on the back plate ?

images from manual attached showing mixer and backplate, no sign of a gasket but they may just not mention it even if there.

Attachments

• 20230228_203004.jpg
    20230228_203004.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 1677616328290400718522251883033.jpg
    1677616328290400718522251883033.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 29
Should be a white foam one on the back of the brass backplate

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
perfect thanks, Ill grab them tomorrow and try...
Replies
Views
A
Replies
Views
  • Question
Good luck might work, like I said any fast fix...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Chuck. The cylinder was supplied by BG...
Replies
Views
  • Question
2 and 5 are similar. That's as far as my...
Replies
Views
Back