Shower cold/warm - hot when flush tap | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shower cold/warm - hot when flush tap in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Can anyone help

My shower is warm, but when I flush the toilet or leave the cold tap on, if gets
Hotter. The temperature I imagine a shower should be.

How to fix this. Can anyone help

We would need a little more info than presently given to offer any kind of advice.

Primarily. What type of shower is it? Electric or Thermostatic?
Do you have a combi boiler or traditional hot water tank?

Upvote 0
If your shower has a pressure balancing valve, it may need adjusting or replacing. This valve helps maintain a consistent water temperature even when there are changes in water pressure. Sometimes, cross connections between hot and cold water lines can cause temperature fluctuations. Ensure that there are no cross connections in your plumbing system, and if you suspect any, consult with a plumber to rectify the issue.

Upvote 0
If it’s a thermostatic shower, it’s likely that it’s passing cold water into the hot supply which is reducing the temperature.

You likely need a new thermostatic cartridge.

If you turn off the hot supply to the bathroom with the dodgy shower and open a hot tap on the basin, do you get cold water? If you do it’s likely it’s passing through the shower cartridge to the basin.

While testing this leave the hot tap running on the basin and turn the temperature of the shower to fully hot and cold to see if this stops water. if so, shower cartridge definitely needs changing.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have to admit that I don't know what a 60...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Left looking at the mixer is the usual side...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We have a pumped shower with a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
HI Basher UPDATE ; I found a seal kit!! as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My shower temperature control isn’t working...
Replies
Views
Back