Shower issue with two new showers | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shower issue with two new showers in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,
can someone get to the bottom of this before I call a plumber, en suite shower started leaking from the mixer bar so took the shower off and capped it off for the time being, fast forward 3 months the same thing in the main bathroom, that one is leaking from the mixer bar, (no issues with hot water or pressure), so it’s time to buy 2 new showers for the main bathroom and the capped off en suite. Fitted the showers with no issues, while using them the water pressure is ok but all of a sudden dramatically slows down on both of them, so I’m assuming it’s either the new showers or I’ve messed up installing them because there is no issue with hot water pressure anywhere else in the house, even the sink and bath taps are good. I’m thinking maybe blocked filter on the mixer bar, removed the main shower to have a look but no blocked filter or installation faults and would be strange two showers are doing the same thing. So while the shower is off had the misses to turn water on at stop tap ( don’t seem to have any valves in the bathroom to isolate), so I can see flow rate, cold water is pumping out while the hot is much much slower, so that seems to be the issue and I’m assuming that’s what’s happening to the en suite also, but the hot water is good everywhere else in the house, even the bath taps, so maybe it’s a blocked pipe?, shoved a bit flexible thin plastic just to dislodge anything but nothing, so I’ve but the shower back on so I can turn the water back on, but the shower is still the same. This is baffling me , if this is a boiler issue shouldn’t the bath taps be affected?, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Is it posssible to install a booster pump, of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My shower temperature control isn’t working...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could you post a picture of the shower trap...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
If it was on a job of mine I would cut it out...
Replies
Views
Back