Shower leak, wet patch getting larger | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shower leak, wet patch getting larger in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

O

Omeo

Hi

I had a wet patch that appeared on my dining room wall close to the ceiling so I assumed it was coming from the bathroom directly above. I have recently moved in after decorating and used the sink and toilet before and the bath but never the shower.
A plumber I know came and took the bath panels off, filled the bath with water and released to see if any leak could be coming from the bath, no issues. So we sprayed water from the shower on the sides of the bath where the tiles and bath meet and noticed straight away water was leaking down the side on to the wooden floor board. We noticed that the silicone sealant was not done correctly as there were gaps so we removed the silicone and re-siliconed. Also did this while the bath was weighted down.

However the wet patch is slowly increasing in size but no water is leaking through. I was advised that as I had two long showers a lot of water would have seeped through and the moisture is drawing the water through the wall which will eventually begin to dry out.

Does this sound right?
Thanks

started using the shower on Saturday and Sunday. Noticed the leak Monday night. repaired the silicone on Tuesday but have not used the shower since Sunday except for the leak test.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
As an update, what I did was: Applied a blob...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under...
Replies
Views
  • Question
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Look at the post 'Is this a weep hole?' .. the...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Stnd wrong pump for a high pressure shower...
Replies
Views
Back