Shower mixer parts advice please | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shower mixer parts advice please in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

i have a hidden shower mixer which has been intermittently playing up recently. Sometimes it does not give full pressure and sometimes it does, sometimes it is difficult to turn off as well. Unfortunately there is no manufacturers name visible on the unit anywhere that I can see - I can access the back of the unit through a panel but cannot see any manufacturers name. I’ve removed the control knob and think the problem could be the plastic inner knob which seems slightly worn on the inside where it fits over the knurled end of the control valve. can anyone advise if these are available as spare parts or if I’m barking up the wrong tree please?

Attachments

• 0F5784C8-FE89-443A-94E7-063A6C4A2F8E.jpeg
    0F5784C8-FE89-443A-94E7-063A6C4A2F8E.jpeg
    275 KB · Views: 24
  • D6CDB241-F3A7-4532-B4CD-F2FC4C769D93.jpeg
    D6CDB241-F3A7-4532-B4CD-F2FC4C769D93.jpeg
    484.6 KB · Views: 23
  • A481DF01-F2DF-414B-A4A0-ACAEDD242FD1.jpeg
    A481DF01-F2DF-414B-A4A0-ACAEDD242FD1.jpeg
    676.4 KB · Views: 25
1. Looks like an Ideal Standard Trevi Therm. Send the picture to showerdoc.com and see if they can help.
2. If it is, they have a pinion and gear system to shut off the hot and cold. The gears can slip / get out of sync. which could cause the problems you set out.
3. The prices for spares are pretty steep.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=m...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I need help to identify the brand of this unit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ah, thanks - I'd assumed it £260 just to look...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Please see attached photos. Can anybody help...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Many years ago a builder installed my...
Replies
Views
Back