Shower mixer tap cartridge replacement | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shower mixer tap cartridge replacement in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hello all

I came to replace the cartridge on my bathroom mixer tap, as thehot tap was leaking, and to get the head cover off there is a hole round the back that you slot an allen key into and undo the grub screw. Once i had unscrewed the grub screw i was hoping the cover would slide off and reveal the cartridge to replace but the cover wont come off! I dont know whether there is a special way to get them off or whether it has just seized on. I tried some WD40 but didnt seem to do the trick.

Ive hopefully uploaded a picture of the tap.

Any advice will be a great help.

thanks

WIN_20181016_17_35_34_Pro.jpg

It does come off. However, it will be calcified on so rock it back & forth gently but firmly pulling upwards as you go.

Sadly, this will only be your first hurdle. More is to come as the taps are located where they are - hopefully not ;) #TestOfYourMettle

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi Timmy D. Thanks for your reply. I'll try...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my...
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
  • Question
Thanks, good to know, I'll go for a new cartridge.
Replies
Views
  • Question
In the fitting in the wall there is a blue...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Maybe 20 minutes for a new shower, but old...
Replies
Views
Back