Shower pump activating for a few seconds when no demand | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shower pump activating for a few seconds when no demand in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi everyone. I recently had to replace my shower pump and increase the size of the cold water storage. Since moving to a gravity fed pump the pump is activating with no demand for a few seconds. The pump is now connected to all outlets in the house but I am concerned it will burn out if it continues to hunt. The manufacturers originally recommended fitting a flange but the problem persists. When the outlet hoses have been activated the pump does not switch on. The vessel on the top of the pump has been checked and the pressure is not low. Does this suggest that pressure is escaping from the system - causing a pressure drop and then the activation of pump? Obviously the pump only kicks in when pressure drops below a certain level but I am out of ideas on how to resolve this? It does take a few days before this happens so pressure is not escaping quickly... HELP?!

Thanks

Yep looks like you have a leak somewhere taps dripping ?

Upvote 0
If no obvious sign of a leak, 9/10 this is due to a toilet as Timmy suggests above.
Isolate the feed to the toilet cisterns and see if this stops it- you’ll have one flush in the cistern so make it last as long as you can.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Are we talking regular shower boosters here...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Stnd wrong pump for a high pressure shower...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi SI......is the shower on the same floor as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yup and undersized flow/returns/heat emitters...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
Tbh that’s normal an accumulator will help
Replies
Views
Back