Shower Pump Install | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shower Pump Install in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
One of my jobs tomorrow is to install a twin positive head pump for a bath/shower mixer tap.

Can it be as simple as cutting the existing pipework to the tap and taking it to the pump and then from the pump to the tap, if I install the pump under the bath?

Or do I have to go the route of dedicated feeds from the hot water cylinder with a flange and cold water tank?

Any help would be great!

One of my jobs tomorrow is to install a twin positive head pump for a bath/shower mixer tap.

Can it be as simple as cutting the existing pipework to the tap and taking it to the pump and then from the pump to the tap, if I install the pump under the bath?

Or do I have to go the route of dedicated feeds from the hot water cylinder with a flange and cold water tank?

Any help would be great!

Where is the pump going to be situated?

Upvote 0
Yes indeed for bossman.. well I went initially to see what was wrong with an existing pump and when I looked, there wasn't actually a pump installed. So I suggested one should be installed (slaps forehead)... So now I'm being sent back :/

Upvote 0

Any help would be great!

It would require a dedicated cold supply from the tank & a dedicated hot feed from a Surrey flange to do it property... But there are probably many pumps fitted under a bath working okay... It depends how you want to do the job?

Upvote 0
It would require a dedicated cold supply from the tank & a dedicated hot feed from a Surrey flange to do it property... But there are probably many pumps fitted under a bath working okay... It depends how you want to do the job?
I'd like to do it properly but I have 5 jobs tomorrow and not much time.. plus being new to plumbing I sometimes take a little while longer than experienced engineers on the firm.. so I have even less time :/

Upvote 0
Well best thing to do is ask your boss. He knows how experienced /inexperienced you are. He's obviously given the customer a price and they've agreed. From sounds of it, with all the other work he's given you then he just expects you to fit a pump under the bath end of story. Ask him.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

A
  • Question
Stnd wrong pump for a high pressure shower...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yup and undersized flow/returns/heat emitters...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Installing a P-shaped shower bath in a small...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would advise stickng to the manufacturers...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi SI......is the shower on the same floor as...
Replies
Views
Back