Shower pump trigger issue | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shower pump trigger issue in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

ive been to a badly installed salamander shower pump.No independent cold supply and hot teed off 15mm to whb.If you lower the shower head 12 inches the pump will trigger which makes sense however if you have the shower head back in its normal place and operate the bar mixer it will only trigger the pump if you open the mixer on the basin.What am i missing?I thought this would hold the flow switches closed.Ill probably install a negative head pump but i am still very curious about these symptons.Shower pump is positioned on the floor 2m from the cylinder and ive been told its worked for years.all pipes flushed and flow switches move freely.Look forward to replies.

The simple answer is it's installed incorrectly there's not enough head due pressure to activate the flow switches the restrictions on the pipework are not helping either, plumb it as the manufacturers instructions and it will work as it is it will always cause triggering issues. Kop

Upvote 0
The simple answer is it's installed incorrectly there's not enough head due pressure to activate the flow switches the restrictions on the pipework are not helping either, plumb it as the manufacturers instructions and it will work as it is it will always cause triggering issues. Kop
Kop the pump dated 2009 and the custard said its worked fine until now.
as for piping it correctly thats not straight forward.Its a large country house with a galvo tank from the fifties in poor condition and no room to get past the tank to the rest of the roofspace to install
Its a galvo tank in poor condition which blocks access to the rest of the roofspace.Plumbing it correctly is not an option sadly.The only sloution i see is an unvented cylinder.One of those jobs eh kop...we all get them.
i appreciate the reply. Ian.

Upvote 0
Kop the pump dated 2009 and the custard said its worked fine until now.
as for piping it correctly thats not straight forward.Its a large country house with a galvo tank from the fifties in poor condition and no room to get past the tank to the rest of the roofspace to install

Its a galvo tank in poor condition which blocks access to the rest of the roofspace.Plumbing it correctly is not an option sadly.The only sloution i see is an unvented cylinder.One of those jobs eh kop...we all get them.
i appreciate the reply. Ian.
Yes mate we do 😉 12 years is good for a salamander pump stick a universal pump in you may get lucky ? You stripped the old pump down ? If it's supplied by a grubby tank it could restricted some way ? Just a thought 👍

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks Any thoughts on a shower system to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Another vote for Stuart Turner only boost...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
If shower heads are on a hose rather than...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What is your source of hot water? What bar...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Another vote for negative pump.
Replies
Views
Back