Shower pump with a Combi Boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shower pump with a Combi Boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

1966john

Hi,

I am a apprentice plumber, I am doing my house up and want to boost the pressure of water coming out of my shower. The question is, my shower is fed from a combi boiler, so if I fit a booster pump to my shower, will it pump the water to the shower quicker than the boiler can keep up ?

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
cant put pumps on a combi, end of Im afraid, talk to your mentor and tutors!

cant put pumps on a combi, end of Im afraid, talk to your mentor and tutors!

hell no back the truck up! cant be done as Lame ^^^^^^ says!

Disagree. You can't pump mains, but if you install a decent sized break tank, you can pump water INTO a combi.

I've got that setup at home, 200 litre tank, 3 bar single impeller pump, into a 24KW boiler. Works a treat. Got really good flow rate and pressure, balanced hot and cold.

Yes you can pump mains !!
​Up to 12 lts/min or more with suppliers permission :)

Yes I'm aware of that, but to be honest 12lts/min is not worth getting excited about. For any meaningful pressure, you can't pump mains! :)

why bother with pumps at all, convert combi to system with an unvented cyl, whats the point of pumping a combi that cant warm the water quick enough to be of any use. I think people have gone off piste here, yes you can pump mains but why with a combi? the boiler cant cope with it properly in the first place to warrant doing it!

why bother with pumps at all, convert combi to system with an unvented cyl, whats the point of pumping a combi that cant warm the water quick enough to be of any use. I think people have gone off piste here, yes you can pump mains but why with a combi? the boiler cant cope with it properly in the first place to warrant doing it!

Well, like I said, a 24KW combi copes perfectly well with a3 bar pump, feeding a shower and sink at the same time.

And it's takes up a hell of a lot less space than an unvented, and costs a lot less than converting to heat only/unvented.

It's the incoming mains that's at issue !!! Putting in invented or diff boiler won't do bugger all !!

A mate of mine did it against my advice years ago. Worked a bloody treat! If memory serves he used a single impler pump after shower valve and before shower head.

Thanks

A mate of mine did it against my advice years ago. Worked a bloody treat! If memory serves he used a single impler pump after shower valve and before shower head.

Thanks
A lot of pumps ain't rated for mains water, so best check the MI's, no way I would recommend a pump on a combi outlet by the way....seen one burst when a combi upgrade was done not pretty!

No and i wouldnt either, if the incoming mains isnt enough then its down to supplier to upgrade it to legal standards. And tbh i wouldnt bother specifing a pump for a combi i would rather recommend a unvented + heat only boiler. Yes it takes up space, but what space you lose in one place you gain with having a smaller heat only boiler elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It doesn't matter what plumbing you have...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
Back