Shower pump. | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shower pump. in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends

What the best way to check a shower pump?

This one plugs into a socket.

So, how do I know if there's power going to the pump? Test the live and earth? If I light up then the motors gone? If I don't light up then there's no power getting to the pump?

Still don't like electriccy things.

Thanks all

Rct

What the best way to check a shower pump? If I light up then the motors gone? If I don't light up then there's no power getting to the pump? Still don't like electriccy things.
if you light up???
if you have a plug tester you could use that to test your supply.
Electric Socket Tester (for 13 amp Plug Sockets) | eBay

you mention a light, don't just rely on a neon screwdriver.
use a multimeter to check that you have 230/240 volts
test between live and neutral, and live/earth

set meter to continuity to test for a break in the motor,
if you know the resistance that the motor should have you could test that on ohms

Upvote 0
a voltage screwdriver on the lead should indicate there is voltage going to the pump assuming you have checked theres power to the socket?. if your testing at terminals use an approved gs38 indicator.

if you think the motors going or running slow then you can use a clamp meter to measure the amps. This should tell you if the motors working as it should.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi SI......is the shower on the same floor as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Is it posssible to install a booster pump, of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You say you have multiple showers. Have you...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Aqualisa digital showers are great. There is...
Replies
Views
Back