Shower question | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shower question in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi I have a thermostatic rainfall shower and it also also has a hand held shower with hose attached to it. I was checking the temperatures by adjusting the thermostatic bar valve and when the bar valve is set at 40c the rainfall shower is around 37 degrees but the hand held shower is 40c, so their is a drop of around 3 degrees in temperature.

My question out of interest is why is their a slight difference between the two and do all thermostatic showers do this?

Thank you for any advice 😀

My guess would be that the water may be losing 3°C in the process of warming up the metal in the length of pipework to the rainfall head, so this might happen only for the first few minutes. Since the termostat is on the mixer and not on the outlet, it has no way of 'knowing' the water is coming out 3° colder. If not that, then I have no idea either, I'm afraid.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

S
  • Question
Take a look at that...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Try putting a flow restrictor in each outlet 7...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi everyone, I have a thermostatic mixer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A few pictures would help us give you more...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Can you measure that flowrate with the shower...
Replies
Views
Back