Shower runs cold when hot taps used | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shower runs cold when hot taps used in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hello,
I have just installed a new shower which works well, however if you open a hot tap anywhere else in the house the shower runs cold, however if I open a cold taps the temperature does not change. I believe my shower is only a mixer not thermostatic did not do my research when buying the whole bathroom from wickes. Water is coming from combi boiler thermostatic bar shower in other bathroom has no issues.

To resolve this do i need to fit a pressure equalisation valve.

Or do need to just reduce the cold pressure with a pressure reducing valve if this option any recommendations.

I did try reducing the flow of the cold with the isolation valve reducing the flow on the cold does stop the temp drop, would flow restriction isolation valve be an option? if so what flow rate should i install? No idea what the mains pressure is diyer no way of testing but flow rates are high.

Bristan Square Recessed Concealed Shower Valve with Diverter - Chrome 233690​

Thanks in advance
Baz

I’m guessing the new shower has a higher flow rate than the other hence why you haven’t had any problems before that’s normal and unfortunately it’s standard with combi boilers

Upvote 0
I’m guessing the new shower has a higher flow rate than the other hence why you haven’t had any problems before that’s normal and unfortunately it’s standard with combi boilers
Bummer is there a fix?

Upvote 0
Flow limiter on the new shower or don’t use another hot while using the shower

Upvote 0
Ideally you want to restrict it coming out the valve single outlet or dual eg hand held and rain head ?

Upvote 0
With hot tap open, if you turn the shower to fully hot does the temperature increase, if not, does it increase if you reduce its flowrate while still turned to fully hot?. You might also measure the flowrate and temperature from the hot tap. A 30kw combi should give a flowrate of 9LPM at 60C or 15.4LPM at 40C.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
  • Question
If it’s a thermostatic shower, it’s likely...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Left looking at the mixer is the usual side...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi I moved into a property where the pressure...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Back