Shower thermostatic cover stuck fast! | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shower thermostatic cover stuck fast! in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all, I need to remove the thermo cartridge from our shower to de-scale - it has not been taken apart for 13 years. I have taken the hand-wheel off fine. The cover is a 'pull-twist' kept in place with an O ring and does not have a retaining screw, but it is stuck fast and won't budge. I have used (and snapped) a strap wrench, WD40, gone round the edging with a screwdriver to try and break the seal etc etc all to no avail. Help!! Have put a picture in attachment (I think).Any advice much appreciated

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 33
Try removing the trim from the front. Might be a circlip. This might then reveal screws to remove the insert.
Post a pic from the front.

Thanks - please see photo from front attached. LB have assured me that the cover is 'twist and pull' which means I have to get it loose. Any suggestions? Hitting (gently) with a wooden mallet??

Attachments

• IMG_20170117_121513.jpg
    IMG_20170117_121513.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 24
Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks, good to know, I'll go for a new cartridge.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Try getting an appropriate size Allen hex bit...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I have a Bristan Capri/Sonique and the...
Replies
Views
Simon Hart
S
Back