Shower trap blocked but waste pipe is hidden | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shower trap blocked but waste pipe is hidden in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

Just moved into my first house and the waste water in the shower is only draining slowly. Soda crystal, baking powder and vinegar work for a few days but then it comes back. When I use them it kind of collects at the bottom and dissolves rather than go down to the blockage.

I’ve tried some manual methods but the shower trap seems to have a hidden waste pipe. I can get my fingers down and I cannot feel a hole anywhere. It will only drain if enough water is poured in so I think it must be hidden above the area I can access. I’ve attempted to twist the cover but it wouldn’t budge so might not be a screw.

Can you recommend an unblock method for this kind of trap or how to access it. Worried I might need to get under the floorboards.

Thanks guys, I appreciate any advice you might have.

Steve

Attachments

• B8B2216C-D182-4F94-8CA7-73CBF5D61017.jpeg
    B8B2216C-D182-4F94-8CA7-73CBF5D61017.jpeg
    350.5 KB · Views: 43

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Could you post a picture of the shower trap...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Is the main drain vented? Sounds like the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So have started fitting all the bits together...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Good shout and very much appreciated. What...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I always prefer separate wastes where...
Replies
Views
Back