Shower tray replacement. With pics, size issue | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shower tray replacement. With pics, size issue in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Got sent to this job last night, shower tray is cracked.

needs replacing, could damage tiles but priority us getting the new tray in and worrying about the tiles after.

Customer wants an "anti slip" tray.

The tray is on legs.

length ways wall to wall it measures 1170, allowing for what's under the tiles each end I'm assuming this makes it a 1200.

width ways it's 745ish, so again allowing for what's under the tiles at the back, this us 750? Do these sizes seem about right? I don't want to get something that doesn't fit on the day, can you even get 1180 or 1185 length trays? Don't laugh :)

hope the pictures are clear.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 11
Most trays are slightly tapered to the top and some are slightly under, i'd go with a 1200x750, if it wont fit make it fit, bottom row of tiles is going to have to come off though most likely

Upvote 0
Sounds like it is 760 x 1200 tray. They tend to be about 5 mm less at top actual sizes.
I measure the front flat edge that I can see and add that measurement to the back inside edge, so to check the overall size

Upvote 0
Most trays are slightly tapered to the top and some are slightly under, i'd go with a 1200x750, if it wont fit make it fit, bottom row of tiles is going to have to come off though most likely

Yes I definitely expect to be taking that bottom row away. Or trying to at least.

Upvote 0
If you have to remove all the bottom row of tiles, you might be best to use a flexi seal rubber strip on the side of new tray to make a flexible upstand to prevent leaks

Upvote 0
If the existing is on legs you can do it without disturbing the tiles.
Remove the screen, drop the existing tray legs, cut the silicone or just smash it out.
New tray on legs fit and jack it up to the height, seal and screen back in.
It would take you 3 or 4 hours but i'd be pricing it for a full shift even if i had to spin it out.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Put a layer of 10mm wedi board on each wall...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
Fit the tray against one wall so that the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Here you go now you can see its easier 👍 kop
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'd use thermopanel tile backer insulation...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Perfect. I didn't see this info in the...
Replies
Views
Back