Shower tray replacement? | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shower tray replacement? in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

I'm looking to replace a shower tray that has cracked & is popping all over the place (guess previous owners had a bodge installation done). It is one of those low profile trays with the waste in the middle in a downstairs bathroom & is tiled around it. I'm looking at the Mira flight trays but they don't seem to do ones with the waste in the middle, how hard/costly would it be to move the waste over a little so I can go for a different tray/size?

Almost certainly can be done but not enough information!
Type of floor ? Soild? Suspended? Floating? Just to name three.
As my crystal ball is a bit cloudy maybe get 3 quotes from decent local tradesmen?.

Upvote 0
Almost certainly can be done but not enough information!
Type of floor ? Soild? Suspended? Floating? Just to name three.
As my crystal ball is a bit cloudy maybe get 3 quotes from decent local tradesmen?.
I believe the floor is concrete, it is a downstairs bathroom & tiled. Won't be looking to move the drain an excessive amount maybe just a little bit over along the same side for perhaps a smaller square shower instead of the rectangle one currently & not a low profile one like this as it doesn't drain water as fast as it should & pools.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So I'm looking to replace my current shower...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Why does it matter if you’ve now removed it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What's wrong with tray on floorboards? If for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi guys, new to this forum, was looking for...
Replies
Views
Back