shower vs waste | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss shower vs waste in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
installed a shower tray/screen and mixer shower that customer supplied few weeks ago in what was an empty house at the time of install . When i installed the tray i poured a bucket of water down the waste to check it drained ok and it did. Few days later after the tiler had done his thing i fitted the rest mixer and screen .

Several weeks have gone past and had an email asking me to make final checks at the house as they are due to move in and noticed the water was not draining away so plunged away and seeme to clear the drain .

However when i run the shower the water builds up in the tray so do these power showers sometimes hoof out more water than the waste can discharge?

I am sure the blockage has gone as when turn shower off it drains ok

I had this problem with a B&Q shower waste that was supplied. I had to cut down the part if the trap that's removable for cleaning. It was restricting the flow too much

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not designed for the trap upto you in the end...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Try removing the aav, I have found the jt40 to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Is the main drain vented? Sounds like the...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
Have you complied with the macerator...
Replies
Views
Back