Shuddering shower pipe when turning on mixer valve | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shuddering shower pipe when turning on mixer valve in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

New year, new problem:

For the first time yesterday, turning on the shower mixer valve (exposed traditional fitted in 2012) I heard a loud shuddering sound and then low pressure whether cold or hot. We have a megaflow tank and boiler system.

All other outlets seem to have normal pressure, including the bath in the same bathroom.

If it helps, ok be noticed how when turning the water lever on the valve becomes quite slack now after halfway but might not be related.

Is this an airlock? Should I start off by draining all the faucets?

Thanks for help

Filters in the shower first then go from there.

You in the UK?

Thanks. Yes, in the UK. I checked the shower head and no debris blocking flow, if that's what you mean by shower filters?

I don't know the make and model as I bought the place a couple of years ago and no branding on it but maybe Hudson Reed. Here is a picture at any rate

04EF691C-47FA-4E44-8F99-5DB606A02163.jpeg

Upvote 0
Hello, It looks like a hudson Reed shower valve (maybe topaz)
As said before it sounds like an internal issue, maybe debris in the filters &/or cartridge. Usually a build up of limescale, if you can take isolate the shower valve, remove the cartridge then let the cartridge soak in white vinegar for an hr or so then try it back in.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
This might be of interest...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
  • Question
How about an ir sensor with a solenoid waive...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What is your source of hot water? What bar...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you take it out clean it and it still drips...
Replies
Views
Back