Siemens handheld receiver and sender has stopped working with Worcester combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Siemens handheld receiver and sender has stopped working with Worcester combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mrs C York

My husband took one of our radiators off on Friday to decorate behind it. After he'd re attached it we noticed our hand held siemens unit had stopped working (probaly a coincidence). The screen was blank (and still is) we of course checked the batteries and they were replaced with brand new ones. however screen still blank. We used the reset on the back of the hand held unit with the receiver which is next to the boiler with no avail. We have hot water but now no heating since Friday (thank god it's not really cold!) Anyway, a engineer from Help Link - my parents have the same unit and was visited as a rountine check up who has seen our hand held unit - says it has stopped working (its over 4 yrs old) and to replace it we can buy any sender and receiver unit (we do not have a seperate thermostat).

Phew!

My question is, where can we buy another handheld unit and receiver as the siemens one will cost £180 to replace (which we cannot afford)

Thanks.:)

Re: Siemens handheld receiver and sender has stopped working with Worcester combi boi

get another quote thats a bit steep for that model,what boiler is it
to give you an idea the worcester own wireless kit is about £100

Re: Siemens handheld receiver and sender has stopped working with Worcester combi boi

get another quote thats a bit steep for that model,what boiler is it
to give you an idea the worcester own wireless kit is about £100

Yes but then you have to fit it
As wiring there would have thought it could be done cheaper though,the £180 price is probably from scratch job

Is it possible to get a replacement wireless thermostat from siemens as reciever may well be OK,give them a ring
others-178.gif

imho

pts home brand wireless stat is made by seamans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
S
The fusible wheel head valves are notorious...
Replies
Views
I also thought it was 10:1, for the 4000 and...
Replies
Views
Will do. Many Thanks for your help
Replies
Views
Back