Silicon sealing a back to the wall WC pan | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Silicon sealing a back to the wall WC pan in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

The pan is screwed down using a Screwfix/Rawlplug fitting kit and I have sealed the pan to the wall tiles.

My question is: Do I need to also seal the pan to the floor tiles?

I think it looks neater without silicon to the floor tiles and it would create a sealed void should the cistern inlet or pan outlet pipes ever leak in the future, but I am also aware that although the pan feels very secure it might flex in the future and break the rear wall seal.

Advice would be welcomed.

Tbh normally do a clear as people tend to mop there floors in a bathroom

Yes of course run a bead of Sillycon for loads of reasons,
1. It will take up the faults in the a..Floor b. the pan
2. Seal it against water, mopping and boys that are off aim
I know all this stuff is Solid but floors and buildings do move and
sillycon might just help out....do NOT buy cheap stuff only buy
the best ...esp. with the anti spore stuff......centralheatking
huh no new bog pan base is ever level and if it was then the floor will not
its called reality ...chking and it will absorb the weight of heavy people

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Not very clear bud there's a you tube clip...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I whole heartedly agree with all the points...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Much easier than that is to replace your bath...
Replies
Views
You can cut the extension down to what ever...
Replies
Views
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
Back