Silicone foils, anyone used them? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Silicone foils, anyone used them? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Pickwickpick

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just having flick through latest Screwfix mailer that came through the door yesterday and they are doing their own brand silicone, caulk, adhesive... in foils wraps instead of the usual plastic tube. Its the same price but you get iirc 400ml instead of 320ml.

Has anyone got any experience of using these? You have to use a different mastic gun which isn't the end of the world, but I'm wandering how well it works when you switch between different colours of silicone, or need to use e.g. caulk instead. Is it practical to clean the mastic gun out and switch over or would you realistically need a different gun for each? Not sure how messy they inside the mastic gun.

Reactions: WC1
I tried em quite a while ago and got fed up with 'em. Went back to the ease of use of traditional. If you're doing the same thing day in day out then I feel they're good.

Just had a look, link here

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/search?search=No+nonsense+Foil

Personally never used screwfix own shmoo if proper gear is available.

Back