Sime Boiler noise | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sime Boiler noise in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MBPlumb

Hello everyone, I have been working on a few caravans recently and they a lot of them have these Sime format 80 B installed. I seem to be getting a common problem in what I can only describe as either a kettling noise or as if something has broken off and is trying to get through the heat exchanger. It seems to do it almost straight away (within 5-10 minutes of firing up) and continues no matter where you have the boiler thermostat. Has anyone come accross this before or have any idea what could be the cause. My next steps are going to be a drain down, powerflush and then finally remove the heat exchanger if neither of the following seem to work. Here is a link to the video if anyone thinks they may be able to help.

MOV00637.mp4 video by B-no21 - Photobucket

Thanks

Ben

strange one, i had this a few years back on ariston microgenus 2 32 kw 4 boilers affected the wrong pumps had been fitted 5 mtrs instead of 6 mtrs

Im thinking of trying to contact Sime about this as it doesnt seem like it would be a batch of them as the ages of the boilers vary. All within 3 years though. The vibrations they cause does worry me a bit, the strange thing is that the boiler thermostat works fine as overheating seem the most obvious answer.

thats very strange one, probably granny and eggs may spring to mind but if drained and flushed the corect level of glycol needs to be added afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

R
did you ever figure out what is causing the...
Replies
Views
eddie81
E
Whoops, yes, well spotted. Getting my systems...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
It is a known problem with the Vokera Vision...
Replies
Views
Back